Fossil Family Fun at Five Islands Provincial Park is fully booked for the 2023 season.
Fossil Family Fun at Five Islands is the ultimate family experience for those interested in science and exploring the outdoors!
Available 2023 season dates:
- SOLD OUT Friday, July 28th 1pm - 4pm
- SOLD OUT Saturday, July 29th 1pm - 4pm
- SOLD OUT Friday, August 11th 1pm - 4pm
- SOLD OUT Saturday, August 26th 1pm - 4pm
- Adventure through time to an era when the Bay of Fundy region was full of sand dunes and dinosaurs walked the Earth.
- Become palaeontologists for the day - Get your hands dirty creating your own unique fossil cast and prospect for fossils alongside expert palaeontologists.
- Explore the ocean floor and learn the pre-historic secrets of the towering cliffs.
- Light refreshments served from locally sourced culinary artisans.
- Group of Two: $205 + hst
- Group of Three: $245 + hst
- Group of Four: $275 + hst
- Group of Five: $315 + hst
- Group of Six: $350 + hst
What you can expect: To start your adventure, meet us by the beach at the Five Islands Provincial Day-Use Park, a scenic lookoff with a perfect view of the Bay of Fundy tides and a scattering of mysterious islands. Here you will be greeted by palaeontologists from the Fundy Geological Museum. They will be your companions, ready to guide you on a journey through time back to an era when the Bay of Fundy region was full of sand dunes and large dinosaurs walked on Earth.
Get your hands dirty creating your own unique fossil cast and learn how palaeontologists search for fossil footprints. Then, pause for light local refreshments before taking a journey with your personal guides to explore the ocean floor and learn the secrets of the towering cliffs. Your guides will bring the vibrant sandstone cliffs alive and introduce you to fossils, rocks, minerals, and bustling tidepools.
Conditions: This experience involves a hike on moderate to challenging surfaces and is suitable for youth ages 7 and up. Upon booking, this experience is exclusive to your family group - if you're interested in pairing with another family or group, or have more than six in your group, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate you.